permaculture - [permaculture] Re: research (David Siripoonsup)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Wendy <sarutzkifarm@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: research (David Siripoonsup)
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:04:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

The first place I would start to look for scientific papers on permaculture
is Agricola's Article Citation Database maintained by the National
Agriculture Library. http://agricola.nal.usda.gov/

It is one of the few research databases out there that is still free to
everyone, and it cites articles pertaining specifically to agriculture while
including natural resources and conservation. Otherwise, I would recommend
contacting the library for the college you are going to attend. You might be
able to access other databases requiring a subscription through them. Then, I
would try your local public library. The larger ones do have access to
databases citing scientific papers.

Unfortunately, there is not one research database that specializes in
sustainability, permaculture, conservation, etc (unless one has popped up in
the past 4 months). There are several large ones that cover a wide range of
topics, but they are very expensive to access. The main ones would be
Article1st and ScienceDirect. I do have access to these if you would like me
to do a search for you. Just email me off the listserv with the details of
what you are researching.

One of these days I am going to build the research database that we are
looking for.

Wendy