permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Sodiium iin well water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Sodiium iin well water
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:14:33 -0600

I am trying to help a friend with high sodium (110ppm) in her well water. The water causes margin burn on seedlings in the greenhouse and also seems to inhibit germination in some species.
Anyone with any ideas of how to mediate sodium other than reverse osmosis? I have had good results with CaCO3 with vinager injection into the water but don't know if there is an analagous substance that will remediate sodium.

Thanks,
Scott Pittman

  • [permaculture] Re: Sodiium iin well water, Scott Pittman, 04/14/2005