permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Where I am stuck in my permaculture development

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Where I am stuck in my permaculture development
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:46:51 +0000

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:32:54 -0000
From: "Graham Burnett" <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where I am stuck in my permaculture
development

I'd be interested in comments from folks about how
they do their actual design process when
considering a particular site. What do you do
first (after careful observation, of course)?

Hi Robert, there are a number of 'design processes' available, but the one I
tend to like is the acronym 'SADIM'- Survey, Assess, Design, Implement,
Maintain;

How about 'SADIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM'- Survey, Assess, Design, Implement,
Maintain, Maintain, Maintain, Maintain, Maintain, Maintain, Maintain.

Thats whats always caught us out. Too much focus on design without a clue on maintanance. Everyone want to plant trees, few want to
year after year clear brambles from around trees.

Don't design what you can't maintain.

Rich