permaculture - Re: [permaculture] re: gabions, earth brick and strawbale construction in cold c

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] re: gabions, earth brick and strawbale construction in cold c
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:55:04 -0500

I have built several things out of a dutch elm killed tree.
They don't hold up to weather well but are great for
construction where it is dry.

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 12:39, mIEKAL aND wrote:
> Slightly off-topic but seeing picture's of Sun Ray's
constructions made
> me think of this. I just discovered that we have about 2
acres of
> dutch elm killed Elm trees. Most of the trees are
recently dead in the
> last year or two. Has anyone ever used these for timber
frame
> construction? Once dead, does the wood stablize or would
it continue
> to break down, if it was protected from the elements?
>
> mIEKAL

  • Re: [permaculture] re: gabions, earth brick and strawbale construction in cold c, woodsjay, 03/23/2005