permaculture - Re: [permaculture] re: gabions, earth brick and strawbale construction in cold climate

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] re: gabions, earth brick and strawbale construction in cold climate
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:39:34 -0600

Slightly off-topic but seeing picture's of Sun Ray's constructions made me think of this. I just discovered that we have about 2 acres of dutch elm killed Elm trees. Most of the trees are recently dead in the last year or two. Has anyone ever used these for timber frame construction? Once dead, does the wood stablize or would it continue to break down, if it was protected from the elements?

mIEKAL