permaculture - [permaculture] chlorinated irrigation water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Roxann Phillips" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] chlorinated irrigation water
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:36:59 -0600

I know from running chlorine tests on water at work that leaving a
container open to the air reduces the amount present. I am sure
aeration would reduce it even further. If this is a swimming pool,
perhaps you can try running some air hoses from a compressor or
something to aerate the water before turning it out? Not sure this would
help to reduce any of the toxic compounds, though.

roxann