permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Food Co-op Advice

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jean Luc Girard <jeanlucgirard@online.fr>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Food Co-op Advice
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:08:57 +0100

Is possible to get news about this interesting software
or a download adress ?
It would be very usefull for the organic-coop internet site I am working on.
Thanks in advance.
JLuc

Robert Windt wrote:

A long but informative post on the setup and management of the Oklahoma food
co-op Cheers

From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@s...> Date: Fri Jun 4, 2004 1:19 pm Subject: Arkansas Regional Food Network

Wednesday night the Arkansas Regional Food Network, which is the beginning of
local food co-operative such as we have started here in Oklahoma, had its
inaugural Arkansas Food dinner. They have a website at
http://www.farmtable.org
As part of our organizational startup, we have been developing an online Local
Food Cooperative Management System, which has these features, which interact
with each other::

databases of members, routes, trucks, products and prices
shopping cart system
automatic invoice system for customer and producer invoices
automatic route information system
labels (for mailings, for products)
summary total pages for producer and customer revenues
automatic creation of printable PDFs of our price lists
automatic creation of printable invoices for customers and producers
administrative pages that show links based on permissions (some people can see
everything, others can only see what applies to them)

The board has voted to make this software available for no charge under the
General Public License system, which means it can be used by anyone we give it
to, everyone who receives it has full rights to give it away, enhancements
that
others make will be shared through the system. We are presently guestimating
that it will be ready to replicate in other states in July. We still have 25
or
so pages of gee whiz thingamadoodles that we want it to do. Our software
designer, Emma McCauley of Red Earth Design, is doing a fantastic job on it.
So
if you decide to start something, we can give you an assist.

Robert Waldrop, Oklahoma City