permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sonic Bloom

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture list <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sonic Bloom
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:10:18 -0800

The Bullock brothers have used Sonic Bloom or something very similar (bird
song frequencies in conjunction with special morning foliar feeding) and saw
some astonishing results with squashes and perhaps other plants. I saw some
of them--the squashes were bigger and lusher than others not treated. But I
don't believe they are doing it anymore; not sure why. I also don't know if
they did the necessary control experiment of foliar feed without sound,
since foliar feed alone is pretty great stuff.

I agree with Mitra that the "Nobel nominations" look pretty specious and
drastically reduce their credibility. Would one of you please write a letter
to the Nobel committee for me so I can make the same claim?