permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Hedgerow / Living Fence Sites

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Hedgerow / Living Fence Sites
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 06:19:08 -0800

Berkano wrote:
I am seeking sites near Lane county, Oregon that have solid, stock-proof hedgerows. I want to visit a few such sites to inspect and analyze living fences. Have any seen good examples?
> The more, the better.

Can't suggest any examples, am in N.C., but am intrested in hedgerows,
multipurpose plus other plantings that can be integrated
with them to increase functionality and ornamental value, create and maintain
edge zones, locations for edible plantings
such as berries and cane fruits and wildlife food and habitat. A good topic
for discussion.

LL
--
L.F.London