permaculture - RE: [permaculture] smart growth vs permaculture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Golden Love" <goldenlove@cruzio.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] smart growth vs permaculture
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:16:54 -0700

Here in Santa Cruz, there is so much land around houses and in parks, that
we could grow enough food for the whole town. Right now the land is laying
fallow or covered with rocks. In places like San Francisco and Oakland, most
of the land is asphalt and concrete, so it looks like we would need to grow
on the roofs and start removing concrete and asphalt. I have even dreamed of
that happening here in Santa Cruz. If people got rid of their cars, all of
National Street could become this wonderful growing area. Actually, I see
this happening. My sledge hammer is ready.

Golden Love
Love's Gardens
Creating and Maintaining Sustainable Urban Landscapes
California Licensed Contractor C27 363672
127 National St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone (831) 471-9100
Fax ( 831) 471-9200