permaculture - [permaculture] Presentation and question about books

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Leunam" <m.iglesias@sb.mju.es>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Presentation and question about books
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:36:46 +0200

Hello all, my name is Manuel, I'm starting in permaculture, and not sure
witch book would suit me better, the designer's manual by Bill Mollison or
The Earth Care Manual by Patrick Whitefield (or peharps another one).
The former I think is the clasical one, and the latter is suposed to be up
tp date.

I live in Madrid (Spain) would anyone kindly sugest witch one is more
appropriated for me?
My principal interest is about starting a mini-farm.
I've already have Melliodora (Hepburn Permaculture Gardens) brougth to me
from Australia to Spain by a friend of the author on her holidays. I tell
you this fact in order to show the dificulties of buying that type of books
here, so I'd like to choose the most appropiated.

Thank you very much
Manuel Iglesias

PD: Forgive my horrible english