permaculture - [permaculture] Farm make-over on This American Life

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Will Carey <cure@rtinet.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Farm make-over on This American Life
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 20:24:52 -0700

Folks...

You gotta hear this...

A feature on a Low Input homesteader/ farmer who's self-described as
"Lazy".... Not a "morning person"... Reminds me of myself, frankly. It's
why I got into Permaculture. Mollison promised I could be a success as a
Lazy Farmer. Ha!

Anyway... This gets a "makeover" by a Rodale editor/Farmer... Who also adds
a socio-political commentary on the Sad State of Farming in America.
Turns out to be a major Reality Check.

Here's a link...

<http://www.thislife.org/>

Scroll down to "Put Your Heart In It."

Perfect cover story for the next Permaculture Activist on "learning from our
mistakes."

Will

  • [permaculture] Farm make-over on This American Life, Will Carey, 09/29/2004