permaculture - Re: [permaculture] RE:Re: Inside Zone Zero essays online

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] RE:Re: Inside Zone Zero essays online
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:00:50 -0500

I've purposely ignored responding to Harold's condemnation of Lyx's writings for a number of reasons. Primary reason is that she died suddenly of pancreatic cancer in Feb of this year & I simply don't have the emotional wherewithal to take on defending the ideas of someone I worked closely with for more than 20 years. Then to see the note come thru the list a second time feels blatently crass & insensitive.

I will say this much however; never in her life did Lyx think of herself as an eco-feminist or a pagan & in fact spent her life trying to defy the kind of mentalities that pigeon-hole & reduce ideas to generic misunderstanding. So the notion that posting her writings to the list was intended to convert permaculture list member to some kind of pagan spirituality is absolutely laughable, besides the fact that such a statement makes the assumption that listmembers are not intelligent enough to parse for themselves what is useful or not.

mIEKAL