permaculture - [permaculture] organic farming opportunity in Ohio

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Katherine Steele <kat@steelemoon.com>
  • To: Permalist <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] organic farming opportunity in Ohio
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:39:36 -0700

Forwarded from riverxo@hotmail.com

Does anyone know of a green farmer willing to farm oats, or corn or alfalfa ORGANICALLY in north east Ohio?
The collective I participate in needs to farm about 70 acres this year and the guy who usually does it has suddenly decided to retire.  The other farmers in the area want to Plant soybeans (monoculture) and Spray Herbicides.  The land has been organically farmed for about 7 years.  Do you know of an organic farming group I could contact?  And it's April and time to till.  Any leads or ideas are appreciated.   Namaste---river.

Please reply directly to riverxo@hotmail.com

  • [permaculture] organic farming opportunity in Ohio, Katherine Steele, 04/16/2004