permaculture - Re: [permaculture] city pollution -one little idea

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Kelly Lockamy" <garden_muse@bellsouth.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] city pollution -one little idea
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:03:17 -0500

thanks for the suggestion, however, soil testing is only one small facet of
an environment under constant onslaught. soil testing is the first step to
even see if the area is worth developing, but my real concern is how far
away from traffic is it safe to plant, what about air borne overspraying
from neighbors, what about water runnoff from neighboring areas, what about
rainwater and it's contents? can a garden with healthy produce be created
in an urban environment?
any reference materials you all know about would be helpful.
thanks again,
kelly