permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sweet potato

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: George Anna Clark <esac@laneta.apc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sweet potato
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:21:48 -0600

Hi,

This is the way I have grown sweet potatos here in south-central Mexico (zone 10? I forget) as well (harvesting in 4.5 -5 months), but neighboring farmers insist that they have seen sweet potatos plants started by just cutting off the vine of an existing plant and planting it (same size of vine and technique as if it were a slip). They certainly start rooting and spreading, my question is if anyone has done it this way and will I actually harvest sweet potatos?

thanks,
george anna