permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Rain water safe to drink in ureban areas?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Mike Barnett" <dreadlox@cwjamaica.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Rain water safe to drink in ureban areas?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:38:37 -0600

There is a e-conference that was earlier this year that dealt with EVERY
aspect of what you ask...

Try getting some of the reports there....

Mike Barnett
Eco-designer
JAMAICA

Dear Members

The e-Conference Rain in the City: Catch It is due to run from 17 February
to 12 March 2003.

In advance of this, the conference background paper and introduction to
theme 1, are now available. To see them, please go to:

Background Paper http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/RWH/
(copy the whole URL into your web browser), and click on the Word file 'Rain
in the City Background Paper' [23K]

Introduction to Theme 1 http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/RWH/
(copy the whole URL into your web browser), and click on the Word file
'Introduction to Theme 1' [30K]

If you would like to receive a copy of either or both as an email
attachment, please email me at f.o.odhiambo@lboro.ac.uk and I will be happy
to send these to you.

Can I just remind you that the two discussion themes are:

Theme 1: Is rainwater harvesting an option for urban environments?[17th -
28th February, 2003]

Theme 2: How do we 'mainstream' rainwater harvesting? [3rd - 12th March,
2003]

Looking forward to a successful conference.

With best wishes.

Frank Odhiambo
Rain in the City and RWH Moderator

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Frank Odhiambo, MSc, PhD
Assistant Programme Manager
Knowledge Management Group
Water, Engineering and Development Centre
Loughborough University, Loughborough
LE11 3TU
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1509 222 393
Fax: +44 1509 211 079
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx