permaculture - Re: [RE: [permaculture] Money from Gates]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: sea.anicca@juno.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [RE: [permaculture] Money from Gates]
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:01:34 GMT

In about 2 weeks, we are hosting a 6 week permaculture training course and
natural building workshop in Thailand to build the land of a home for
orphaned and abused children and a community learning center.

The training is set up to bring 15 foreigners and 15 Southeast Asian
activists and community leaders. Unfortunately, we did not get the foreign
participants and are still looking for any extra funds to help this course
run.

We have a growing list of Thai villagers, community leaders and activists and
Burmese refugees who will be attending, but funding is very tight.

WE plan for this to be an annual event to raise awareness of permaculture and
natural building in Thailand and to support the Thai people already active
doing this work. Our project, The Whispering Seed, will soon be a 501 C3 and
we are hoping to write grants for this kind of work in Asia.

Any thoughts or ideas in this direction would be greatly appreciated. The
need in Thailand is huge by the response from people within the country
neighboring countries, but the funds are not there.

if anyone is interested in the training, details can be found at
www.kleiwerks.com/thailand.html

Would love to hear thoughts on this or any ideas.

jim
the whispering seed

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!