permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Inrtroduction and submission lists

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Williamson <rz.williamson@optusnet.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Inrtroduction and submission lists
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:19:41 +1000

Greetings kim jong chul,

We are doing community gardening, seed saving and nature strip gardening in Sydney, Australia. You can see one of our friends Linda on our web page, standing in her permaculture garden and green waste recycling area which is located on the nature strip outside her home in a posh part of the inner city harbour suburbs.

I am writing to ask whether you have used or know of the "Power of Duck" by Takeo Furuno. We have many wild ducks and hoping to capture some of their energies and put them to good use, I bought his book for this purpose. We planted rice for the first time this year but lost it unfortunately due to the drought - it was Sabra Upland Rice from our seed bank in Byron Bay. We would be very interested to know more about your no-till direct sown rice-wheat cropping system, is this as per Mr. Fukuoka? Is this terrestrial? or an aquatic system?

Looking forward to a reply at your convenience and would be grateful for any info you know of that is available.

Best wishes, rzw