permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where is the Focus on Energy and Housing as Permaculture Designers in temperate climates? - Is not NA & UK in a major energy transition away from Gas?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "sixdegrees" <sixdegrees@baynet.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where is the Focus on Energy and Housing as Permaculture Designers in temperate climates? - Is not NA & UK in a major energy transition away from Gas?
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:56:45 -0400

Greetings, I am a founding member of the Superior Renewable Energy
Cooperative here in Thunder Bay. We are almost through the incorporation
process. Our goal is, first to conduct a research study to determine if
there is a site within the region that is suitable for development of a
commercial wind energy project, probably just one machine at first . This
will make renewable energy available to people in the region, most likely as
part of the package that is already being supplied to the grid through
Thunder Bay hydro.

We have set some long term goals which develop further the economic spin
offs of a commercial community owned wind energy business from education ,
research and development to building the machines or at least the blades
locally.

Here if you want an audience talk employment. the forest industry , a major
employeer, is closing plants and letting workers go across the region. Whole
towns are in distress.

Bob Ewing
http://www.urbanpermaculture.net

Permaculture Designers in temperate climates? - Is not NA & UK in a major
energy transition away from Gas?

> I am concerned that discussion on this list revel too much in
trivialities: