permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Quoting from long emails

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Quoting from long emails
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:11:57 -0700

Loren Davidson wrote:
Hi folks,

Can I ask, as a matter of courtesy, that if you're responding to an email message you *please* cut and paste so as to quote *no more* of the original message than you need in order to give context? I just received the equivalent of a 20-page email message, less than one page of which was new material, from this list. That means that I'd already received the other 19 pages at least once. Digest subscribers end up getting a long digest with probably two or three sets of that 19 pages inside. Users with slow connections have to wait for it to download; users with overall mailbox size limits might have other, more important messages bounced because their mailboxes are full of stuff that really had no business being repeated three times.

As Permaculturists, I think we have a responsibility to respect *all* the resources we use, electronic/online as well as those which manifest a bit more physically.

Thanks in advance,

Loren

I will second that request. If you're going to post to this list
remove as much quoted text in your replies as possible, please,
s'il vous plait, por favor.

LL
--
L.F.London