permaculture - [permaculture] God, Apple pie and Nuclear Energy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] God, Apple pie and Nuclear Energy
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:05:56 -0600

) This was a shock, and totally contrary to pc principals. Nuclear energy
is a category 5 resource in permaculture, which should never be used! It
has been the practice and continues to be that nuclear is fine as its waste
disposal is NIMBY (not in my backyard). New Mexico gets the transuranic
waste in our underground salt beds, where there is serious concern that
moisture can and will turn into contaminated water table over time. The
real toxic stuff goes to Nevada. Not surprisingly New Mexico is one of the
poorest states in the union and Nevada has one of the lowest populations.

France of course used to send their toxicity to former colonies, and may
still, France also builds next to neighboring countries who have serious
problems with it.

2) Don't have an opinion.

3) Don't forget Algeria.

4) I guess so, though I am more and more concerned with the environmental
cost of "visiting whenever I want".

Not so sure about our democratic system that can be overruled by the
Supreme court, and the governor of Florida = under Bush it is increasingly
looking like Fascism. Read "Vote Scam: The Stealing of America" by James
and Kenneth Collier, 1992 in which they predict the last election.
I guess as long as people have the illusion, created by a bought media, of
democracy they will keep on grazing.

Certainly our solid capitalistic society has worked to create incredible
wealth for 10% of the population (owning 70% of the resources of this great
country), and bless Bush they have just been relieved of some the burden of
supporting the common good with tax relief.

Voting Green whether their commies or not is better than supporting a
fascistic system which we now have

Remember that the Fertile Crescent gave us Iraq and desert, this is also
the area that god kicked Adam and Eve out of and condemned them to earning
bread from the sweat of their brow. The Fertile Crescent was a watershed
moment in human history.

Can't argue with the be thankful bit but I'm not blissed out!

Scott P.

At 02:50 AM 7/16/03 -0400, you wrote:
>[you may not agree with this but .......]
>1) Be glad you have good quality nuclear power in France (same quality in
>US too).
>Less dependency on oil, etc.
>[you may agree with this though......]
>2) You no longer have Mitterand in power.
>3) You live in France (and apparently in a nice area), which has an
>incredible history
>(except when the Catholics mistreated the Huguenots)
>4)You can visit the US whenever you want, likewise Oz, Tasmania and a
>number of other nice places around the
>world. :-)
>
>Put your votes behind a really sound, constitution-oriented judicial
>system and a democratic political system
>that adheres to a solid capitalistic economy.
>
>Vote green as long as the candidates aren't commies.
>
>Work locally to build community, local economies and local food production
>systems,
>i.e. the Fertile Crescent system, food circles or foodsheds.
>
>Be thankfol for what you have and that life is good. God may be great but
>that is another story :-)
>
>Bon nuit,

  • [permaculture] God, Apple pie and Nuclear Energy, Scott Pittman, 07/16/2003