permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: World's Eco-enviro Defense Systems...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: World's Eco-enviro Defense Systems...
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Claude,

Claude Genest said:
> A friend is working on this script...any input advice ?

>> 1.So far, my 'lead' weeds are:
>> Dandelion (romantic lead, in love with, Daisy)
>> Nettle and Canadian Thistle, (two feisty dames who enjoy a good fight)

Nettle I don't see cast this way...seems like a gentler character, tall
and swaying and elegant (but not at all haugty, very earthy-wise
actually).

How about good 'ol himalayan blackberry as the other feisty dame? And use
nettle's character in some other ways...

>> Clover, (young, in love with Bumble Bee) and of course,
>> Crabgrass (crusty old wise guy who sucks up oil spills).

The rest, I like!

>> They invade a neglected perennial garden in the center of Megapolis.

How about "reclaim and heal" a neglected...

>> Question: Did I leave out any REALLY important weeds? I can't include
>> all
>> of them, the cast would get too big...

Just put 'em all in the chorus (this IS a musical, isn't it? I mean,
plants just *gotta* sing!)...

>> 2. At the end of the movie, after the Wonder Weeds have saved the day
>> (by
>> restoring Mrs. Demeter's memory so she can find the lost deed to her
>> garden)
>> we see a vision for a new Megapolis.

Tell us more, tell us more! What's this all about?

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration