permaculture - Re: [permaculture] motorless mowers

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] motorless mowers
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 22:21:16 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Michele May
To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 10:08 PM
Subject: [permaculture] motorless mowers

>Anyone know what they are called exactly or where to obtain a "push mower"
that uses my energy instead of petro-fuel?

Push mowers is what they are generally called I believe.

Yoiu might find this site of interest;

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk

and here's a pic of my mower (not that actual one, i've got the same model
tho) which I swopped with a work colleague for a copy of my 'Permaculture A
Beginners Guide' book a couple of weeks ago;

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/moms/mom27-qme.htm

As for where to get them now, keep your eyes open in 'junk' shops, old
gardeners might have ones they might pass on to you. another push mower that
i've got that i use on my allotment paths now and then I found in an old
abandoned overgrowen shed. I paid the mower shop £15 to service it, works a
treat now...

Don't tell Bill I've got a lawn though.... :-)

Graham Burnett www.landandliberty.co.uk