permaculture - [permaculture] Re:Energy Reserves

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeffrey Newman <jn@jnweb.com>
  • To: permaculture digest <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re:Energy Reserves
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 11:54:50 -0700

Robert,

I'd also recommend taking a look at
http://www.museletter.com/partys-over.html for a good summary of
the state of energy reserves.

- Jeffrey

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 23:25:00 -0500
From: robert waldrop <rmwj@soonernet.com>
Subject: Re: [permaculture] on cars and communal building
To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>

We are all going to have to get used to getting along with a lot less
energy in the future, and the time to learn of course is now. It's
taken us going on four years, but we are finally learning how to stay
comfortable during Oklahoma summers without air conditioning. So I
figure if we can do that, I can also learn how to live and work without
an automobile. It's a challenge of course, but I'd rather figure that
out now rather than later. Robert Waldrop, OKlahoma city
http://www.bettertimesinfo.org/2003garden.htm (info on this year's
gardening adventures)

(For info on future energy supplies, and the lack of abundance thereof,
I suggest starting with http://www.oilcrisis.com which has links to
most
of the important stuff on the internet about the issue.)

  • [permaculture] Re:Energy Reserves, Jeffrey Newman, 06/09/2003