permaculture - Re: [permaculture] culvert cisterns

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] culvert cisterns
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:31:25 -0700

Paul A Cross wrote:
I am intersted in hearing from anyone who has built cisterns using corrugated galvanized steel culverts set on end into concrete.
Thanks. -Paul

I am not sure that galvanized culvert could be used with potable water
storage;
maybe zinc from the metal could make the water toxic, for drinking purposes -
maybe OK for washing, etc.

What about concrete culvert pipes set on end in concrete - big diameter
or better yet, concrete septic tanks or some other type of concrete box,
closed with port or open ended.

LL
--
L.F.London