permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Horse People needed.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Gillian Vallis <gillvallis@ibl.bm>, Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, pclistservenv <permaculture@envirolink.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Horse People needed.
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 17:22:31 -0400

Gillian Vallis is looking for people, a couple ideally, to help manifest Permaculture potential in the context of a well-established International Holistic Equestrian Center located 30 mins south of Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.A. They have a beautiful setting and well-loved animals. The farm has EXCELLENT value as a teaching facility and, perhaps, a life-time home. See what they are up to by visiting the following websites:

www.pineknollfarm.net and www.4harmonyfoundation.com or www.round-pen.net

To inquire further, reply to Gillian Vallis <gillvallis@ibl.bm>

Dear Keith.

Maybe the time is right and you can think of the perfect person who has an
interest in permaculture, animals and horses - who would like to educate
people and is looking for an opportunity. I am thinking of a mutually
benefical arrangement - every person may have a different idea of what would
be benefical to them! There maybe some options to do with our literacy
program and very possibly a link to a virtual university. We are talking
about the literacy right now - but this would be a NATURAL progression.
Obviously I need someone who has integrity, passion, a dream, loves working
on the land, is self motivated and innovative, good with people (ie
comfortable in front of a crowd of people), loves animals and is 100%
passionate about permaculture and the other aspects of the farm. Not much
to ask for!!!

So any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is the year of change and
it is certainly happening. At the moment I would like to find
a man or a couple (couple would probably be ideal). We are predominantly a
group of women and sometimes it is really good to have that extra strength!
This certainly could be a part time situation - especially if it was a
couple - which could grow in to more depending on their situation and
dreams. This could also be full time if they were prepared to invest in a
joint venture and be prepared to live off free accommodation and minimal
pay.

Anway, I guess the hardest thing is for me to be specific because the are so
many options! My ideal would be if you knew people who may be interested
and I could talk with them.

Gillian Vallis
Pine Knoll Farm

  • [permaculture] Permaculture Horse People needed., Keith Johnson, 04/08/2003