permaculture - [permaculture] Urban Farm Request

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Greg Peterson <Greg@Permaculture.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Urban Farm Request
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:38:23 -0700

Hello all.

I have begun in earnest to research working methods of urban agriculture in use in the US and Canada. My intent is to write a book documenting what is currently being done and what dreams and aspirations we have and would like to create. This will include (but not limited to) urban farming, urban orcharding, aquaculture, gleaning programs, neighborhood farms, marketplaces, CSA's, etc.

I am interested in speaking with people that are working in agricultural project primarily in cities and then distributing the fruits of their labor in the same urban area. I plan on visiting some of these organizations this coming summer.

Please forward me any information that you may have on Urban Farm projects that you know of or are involved with. I can be reached at MailTo:Greg@permaculture.net.

Sincerely,

Greg Peterson
www.urbanfarm.org
www.permaculture.net

--

The Urban Oasis Center for Sustainable Communities
Mission

Greg Peterson
602/279-3713
800/678-8848