permaculture - RE: [permaculture] EMERGENCY! HJ Resolution 20

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Michael Murphy" <mmurphy@ctsl.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] EMERGENCY! HJ Resolution 20
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:00:03 -0800

"a little known resolution that deprives the President of his authority to
wage war."

I am against the war, but what makes you thnk this is a good idea? I assume
Congress would like to take the authority to wage war for themselves? There
was a reason Jefferson, Washington and Hamilton left this authority in the
executive branch, and without understanding all the consequences of casually
changing the Constitution, my bet is this is grandstanding for the media (a
Kucinich specialty). Didn't Bush take this Congress and get a resolution for
this war anyway?

<<winmail.dat>>