permaculture - Re: [permaculture] guilding an apple tree

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] guilding an apple tree
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:59:53 -0600

I don't know about zone six, I am in zone 7, but here's what I have
planted around and near my apple trees:

elderberries
blackberries
crimson clover
vetch
strawberries
kale
sand plums
garlic and onion chives
summer savory
lemon thyme
apple mint
onions
garlic

Siberian pea tree is supposed to make a pretty big bush.

Robert Waldrop, OKC
http://www.bettertimesinfo.org