permaculture - Re: [permaculture] RE: Major histocompatibility complex (MHC)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] RE: Major histocompatibility complex (MHC)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:54:51 +0100

hi mike:

> is weedlike behavior in the extreme, and has grave consequences for the
> planet.

this is peoplecentered exaggeration. no need to worry for the planet, not
even for gaia, the living, humid film on its surface. its just a small
fraction of all species, that is threatened by peoples foolishness - namely
big animals and plants, and of course humanity. but the biggest parts of the
web of life consists of insects, fungi, protoctista and bacteria - most of
them are quite safe.

> demographers tell us will be our childrens' eleven-billionth piece of the
> planet.

yep, that is the main point we need to worry about - the future of our own
genes, of our species. so there is no need for apparent altruism, plain good
old egotism, farsighted egotism will do.

georg