permaculture - [permaculture] Re: A Pattern Language (available from Pc Activist)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: "T. Gray Shaw" <tgray@westberkeley.com>, Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: A Pattern Language (available from Pc Activist)
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:27:21 -0500

When you can order a thousand books at a time, you can charge whatever you want for it. Notice all the disappearing independently owned bookstores. The megastores are killing communities and the "pattern language" of local culture. Meanwhile, if our book business dies, so might the Permaculture Activist magazine. You're free to invest in that if you choose. Unless you prefer to "stand strong together" and support those who are struggling to serve you.
Keith

T. Gray Shaw wrote:

Hi Keith,

News flash: Amazon sells it for $45.50.

Good news! We just added Christopher Alexander's (et.al.) monumental
work, A Pattern Language, to our booklist.

When we build walls and borders from fear and hate and gun
The hatred turns around and strikes at everyone
But when we stand strong together and let love and joy its will
Misfortune can't defeat us, it makes us stronger still
- Dan Bern, "Oklahoma"