permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Question about acidic soils in the tropics...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Question about acidic soils in the tropics...
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:01:00 -0800

jamie wrote:
Hello Darko, Roland Bunch has been doing excellent work for many years in
Honduras using green mulches and cover crops
http://www.echonet.org/tropicalag/knowledgebank/EDN_articles/edn_58_1.htm
for a brief insight into his work, or download a 19 page report from
http://ppathw3.cals.cornell.edu/mba_project/moist/roland.pdf.

Jamie
Souscayrous

Jamie:

I know you are from France but from what region? There was a wondrous movie
made called Microcosmos,
about wildlife in a verdant hilly area with stream and pasture on some farm
in France. Have you seen
it and do you know anything about the area where it was made? It is one of
the best nature documentaries ever made.
I only wish they had included more aquatic and wetland footage.

Anyone who has not seen this should get a copy; it is truly inspirational and
from a country that produced Satie, Ravel,
Debussy, Jennie Tourel, Machaud, Dufay, Alain, Cocherau, a tradition of
Gregorian chant and many other musicians, singers and composers;
and the french intensive market gardening method.

Maybe we can help this list experience a spring awakening.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net