permaculture - [permaculture] question re pattern recognition

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] question re pattern recognition
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:30:27 +0100

greetings, together:

for a publication i am working on, i am in search for specific terms (only
one of which might be readily available). i know what i mean, but i do not
know how it is called. so i will explain what i mean, and ask you to tell me
what i am driving at, ok? (too bad this isnt in realtime, we could turn it
into a contest, who understands my babble fastest...)

both terms i need are about the same subject. here we go:
what is this crossreferencing pattern recognition called, like "when the
white lily sets flowers, we gayfully go down to the lake to harvest the eggs
of the swan" - this, i believe, is from the oz abos, but propably other
stoneage people worked nature a similar way. the first term i would need, is
the modern name for this kind of science ("allelopathy" keeps popping up in
my mind, but this is something else, i know). the second term i would love
to know is, one or several names (from different cultures, if several) for
one such piece of patterned connection. if it turns out to be an abo name
(pitanboongha, for example) i would humbly also ask for a literal
translation, if available. also, what would be the modern scientific name
for one such pitanboongha?

and finally a low priority request along the line: could anyone supply me
with 2 or 3 original pitanboonghas?

looking forward,
georg
(biting my nails...)