permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Conference opportunity in MASS

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: John Irwin <jwirwin@permaculture.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Conference opportunity in MASS
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:13:52 -0500

Ecological Landscaping Association Eco-Marketplace

ML Altobelli <Altobelli260@earthlink.net>

Hi John,

In brief, the Ecological Landscaping Association (ELA) has put together a
winter conference on sustainable landscaping for the last nine years. This
year we expanded it to two days and added a marketplace to represent
environmentally focused products and services. It's being held on February
28 and March 1, 2003 in Boxboro, Massachusetts and is co-sponsored by the
New England Wildflower Society and UMass Extension. We have a limited
number of booths available for $150.00 reserved for non-profits.

We are looking for more information on alternatives to be represented on the
marketplace floor and, in particular, we want to introduce the attendees to
the concepts inherent in permaculture. I'm looking for a contact in New
England who might be interested in representing permaculture at the show.
In particular, it would be great if that rep had books and or back issues of
your magazines and other materials available for sale... and they will sell.
This is a crowd that is notoriously hungry for information. In the past we
have had 250 professionals and this year we are reaching out to the
conservation commissions, watershed organizations and schools as well.

I've included a PDF attachment (NOT INCLUDED in this forward - contact
Ecological Landscaping
Association for the PDF) with the details of the marketplace and I'd
be happy to answer any questions that you may have either through e-mail or
by phone (978-874-1373). Remember that the non-profit booth price is
$150.00.

Thank you for your time.

M.L. Altobelli
Ecological Landscaping Association