permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Ducks, gees, chickens/Predators

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Ducks, gees, chickens/Predators
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:17:55 -0600

At 08:32 AM 12/3/02 -0500, you wrote:
Good day,

Georg wrote about dogs/predators killing his chickens etc.

I've had same problem..especially in winter when food supply is scarce. I've
lost quite a few ducks, geese, and chickens.

So I no longer have same. Coyotes are thick around here. A few weeks ago I
saw 3 chasing my dogs..which are all over 50lbs, Australian shepherds. They'd
try and lure them into the woods.

Any ideas? Thanks. Frank

Electric fence and firearms if so inclined.