permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #418 - 10 msgs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #418 - 10 msgs
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:20:52 -0700

At 07:16 AM 11/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
i had the same experience with guineas during my time in west australia -
but now you seem to be living in freezing grounds (kachelofen and all), so
how do you overwinter your guineas?

georg
Our guineas seem quite hardy, they roost in a tall elm all winter long with no complaint, except the acappella choir at sunset.
I've seen them with snow on their backs in the early morning. We have some young ones now (10 of them) and they think our big Tom Turkey is the mom so they try to roost on his back, to stay warmer I suppose.

Scott

  • [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #418 - 10 msgs, Scott Pittman, 11/21/2002