permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Re: [grazersedge] Oxen

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Re: [grazersedge] Oxen
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:43:53 -0700

>> (There is a fellow who makes them up here but he is $$$...my son is taking
>> woodworking, maybe he can start a project....????

I'd think a yoke would be a superlative green woodworking project. Do any of
y'all know if any of the books on green woodworking mention yokes?
I'm going from memory of pictures, museum specimens and Latin American
glimpses, but- I'd bet a carving hatchet, drawknife, spokeshave of the sort
that will do inside curves, a brace & bit and perhaps some tool that could
hollow out a bit would be enough. Maybe $250-$350 worth of tools new.

-Rick