permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Green Party

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Buckley" <buck7380@bellsouth.net>
  • To: "permaculture e-list" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Green Party
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:15:11 -0400

Hey All,

The Green Party is the only choice, AND we have to play our hand with the
cards we're dealt. The purpose of third parties is providing focus, e.g.,
environmental pollution. On the national stage, the Democrats/Republicans
(2 sides of the same coin) can't ignore studied points for fear of losing
votes. I'm not even sure I'd want Nader (a great guy!) to be president, and
I'm so left I'm off the scale.

The 10 points of the Green Party are outstanding human goals, and slowly,
but surely the great ship USA will be steered in those directions because at
heart the American people are good, even if misguided and lazy.

"By God," they say around the corporate boardroom, "we paid for
Congressional votes and the President's signature and we'll get it." These
guys are so predictable, caring only for the bottom line, they make
themselves vulnerable. Just throw a shadow across that bottom line and
they'll dance as fast as we want.

We don't have to fight it, we just use it. There are so many killer
questions that start: "What about ... (with cameras rolling)". It's not
about getting our way, rather it's all of us finding our way, with NO One
left behind, even the despicable and confused. There is no us and them.
That illusion keeps us separated and defeated. And that ... we can leave
behind.

Namaste,
John Buckley
WNC Mountains