permaculture - [permaculture] PT wood, Eco-farm conference

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Treesa Jane Rogerson" <treemail@cruzio.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] PT wood, Eco-farm conference
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:03:07 -0700

Here in CAlifronia, HAYWARD LUMBER, a huge and very old lumber company is
selling 'ACQ' pressure treated lumber, without arsenic, with copper.
Apparently arsenic PT will soon be outlawed.

www.haywardlumber.com

Anyone up on this? They say "you can eat off that thar piece 'wood." Umm,
well...

But friend working with it on fences says there are none of the effects that
the PT would do, like irritate his mucous membranes etc.

Of course, keep on with the locust and lesser input ways!!!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Ecological Farming Conference at Aslimar Conference Grounds,
Pacific Grove, CA, 3rd weekend in January. Amazing, full-spectrum, diverse
learning and contact.

www.eco-farm.org

Treesa Rogerson, M.A.

Lands Alive : Ecology By Design