permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PC DB

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PC DB
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 02:06:30 -0700

BK wrote:
Hi Rich and folks,
Thanks for the discussion on Black Locust, a mixed bag, but potentially
useful tree.
Now, to the database:
Might I recommend folks check out www.neoflora.com . It's a pretty extensive

Not as nice as Rich's PFAF.

site with a good deal of info. I can't say I've used it much, but it does
allow users to add info.

Got a big error message when I tried to add info, Oracle DB error.

In regards to the DB. I like the idea of using XML. It seems to be redily

I've never heard of an XML Database (XML Relational Database?). Where can I
see
an example of this? I'll see what Google offers. Looks really interesting
though.
I assume you build a Website with XML coding as opposed to HTML. Is there XML
server software that will run in Linus with an Apache server? Maybe I'm asking
the wrong questions. Can you offer further enlightenment BK?
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net