permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PC Wiki

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PC Wiki
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 00:34:03 -0700

BK wrote:

Reguarding uploading HTML files:
The great thing about wikis is the community can edit all the content on it.
Essentially wikipagers should be copyleft. But sometimes issues might come
up where people might have information that they still want to remain
intact. I think there are a few things that we could try at some point:

I assume you mean someone programming these options as plugins?

"Article Upload"-uploading single HTML/text articles which reside in a
directory, and can be easily linked to via wiki.
"Autoload"-enter a URL, phpwiki parses the URL and saves the article, image,
etc link to a local directory, essentially "chaching" it. PHP is great at
server relation, so it should be a hard feature for the PHPwiki team to add.
"Locked Wiki"-Wiki pages can be locked, though I believe this a feature
generally left only to the admin. Perhaps there is some means to lock a wiki
in such a way that only the author can edit it, so the aurthor can write a
wiki like: "BKsIdeasAboutWidgets" and lock it.

That would be BksIdeasAboutWidgets :-) unless you know of a fix for this
multiple-caps-per-word problem.

As far as I know only admins can lock pages so for now anyone wanting a page
locked
let me know:
lfl@intrex.net
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/london

OR just say "Leave This Page Alone, S'il Vous Plais" or the like.

"Quoted Text"-have a generally agreed upon rule. That text within quotes(?)
or some other character should be reguarded as non editable....

That's a really good idea. Perhaps a GroundRules link on the HomePage

Anyway, a few thoughts. They may have to get implemented later if ever as
time allows so we should work with what we've got right now, and try expand
it as we can.

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net