permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Symbiotic mycorrhizal fungi resources

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Symbiotic mycorrhizal fungi resources
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:57:31 -0700

Subject: Symbiotic mycorrhizal fungi resources
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:35:43 -0500
From: Steve Diver <steved@NCATARK.UARK.EDU>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

"Lawrence F. London, Jr." wrote:
> Topics I am interested in learning more about include:
> mycorrhizal fungi
> ectomycorrhizal fungi
> endomycorrhizal fungi

See my resource listing; expanded and updated December 2001.
It lists mycorrhizal suppliers and features key web- and print-based
resources on mycorrhizae; some fascinating knowledge exists
amongst all these resource links.

Symbiotic Mycorrhizal Fungi: Quarterback of the Microbial
Herd
http://ncatark.uark.edu/~steved/mycorrhizae.html

Want to go even deeper, check out these rough web
notes containing additional resources; some very good;
supplemental to the above resource list.

Index of /~steved/archives/mycorrhizae
http://ncatark.uark.edu/~steved/archives/mycorrhizae/

I was teaching a workshop and found it helpful to
provide this analogy. It may not be 100% botanically
accurate in every situation, but it helps to get
people into mycorrhizae-land fairly quickly.

Mycorrhizae is the root-fungus association, not the fungus
itself. Though, it is accurate to say mycorrhizal fungi
to indicate their ability to form symbiotic mycorrhizal associations.

[message truncated]

.

--
L.F.London