permaculture - [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc/Cuba

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Charles Knoles" <charles@growfood.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: big ag in Pc/Cuba
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 13:09:56 -0500

> Rick Valley wrote:
>
> > > In Cuba they
> > > are fortunate
> > > enough to have a dictatorship and so when Castro says "go organic"
everyone
> > > jumps.
> >
> > Just curious, conoces a Cuba? are you speaking first hand here or is it
> > grass is always greener? I'm about ready to averiguar for myself, I hear
> > such conflicting reports about Cuba. Maybe I can do it while the ol' man
is
> > still alive...
> > -Rick

Haven't been myself but my buddy Francis who runs an organic dairy here
went over as part of a USDA funded research trip looking into large scale
organic conversion (a hopeful thing in and of itself methinks). He was very
impressed with what he saw there. He cautioned that his trip was guided
though so you never know.....