permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Scythe Supply

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lfl@intrex.net
  • To: Sustainable Agriculture Network Discussion Group <SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
  • Cc: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Scythe Supply
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:03:23 -0700

Keith Addison wrote:

Just to tell you the sad news that Elliot Fishbein of Scythe Supply
was killed in a car smash on July 10, 2002. The family has decided to

That is very, very sad news. I talked with Eliot on the phone for many hours on end and learned all about his involvement with scythes, and his accomplishments in procuring very high quality scythes, snaths and accessories for our use. He was in the process of publishing the definitive work on scythes with information he had developed and that of
a Canadian expert and snath maker. He meant a lot to me and I will surely miss him. He knew more about scythes than anyone I have ever known. I hope many of us will carry on the tradition that he helped to revive and most certainly nourished. I believe I bought nearly $2000 worth of equipment from him over a year or so. His products are without equal and are far superior to anything anyone else is offering these days. He saw to it that we would have access to a fine product, the right tool for the job.

Happy scything and think of Eliot when you're out in the field laying down those rows of grass and weeds.

Lawrence

continue the business and is taking orders again, after a few weeks'
lapse. We're not connected with them or the business in any way, but
there's nothing like a good scythe, and it would be good to support
them if that's possible.

http://www.scythesupply.com/
Scythe Supply scythe blades, snaths, equipment

http://www.scythesupply.com/creator.html
About the owner and creator of Scythe Supply

Best wishes

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects
Osaka, Japan
http://journeytoforever.org/

.

--
lfl@intrex.net
http://market-farming.com

  • [permaculture] Re: Scythe Supply, lfl, 08/18/2002