permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Garden Installation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <loren@farwalker.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Garden Installation
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:54:22 -0700

At 09:06 AM 7/24/02 -0500, Kirby Fry wrote:
Greetings,

Cross Timbers Permaculture Guild had the good fortune last February to
install extensive Pc gardens on its demonstration site near Elgin, Texas.

As one enters the 32 acre property the gardens are on either side of the
road and around key central buildings. There are approximately 60,000
square feet of raised garden beds which were amended, tilled and put under
irrigation. (...)

This sounds extremely impressive! I have two general questions, for when you have time to respond:

1) How was this financed/funded? What "invisible structures" facilitated your original installation and now the ongoing maintenance?

2) How are you planning to use the outputs, particularly of about 1.5 acres of garden beds?

Thanks in advance,

Loren

Loren Davidson Earth steward, healer, singer/songwriter
loren@farwalker.com http://www.earthspring.org/loren/
AIM: loren334 ICQ: 65291610
Music: http://www.earthspring.org/lorendavidson/
***Ask me about Sunset Celebrations in Berkeley - next one 7/24***
"Life goes on." - Sun Bear