permaculture - [permaculture] How to contact Joel Glanzberg

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "BT Benjaminson" <btbenj@bellatlantic.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] How to contact Joel Glanzberg
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 07:34:16 -0400

Dear Toby,
Thank you so much for your effort to write your book Gaia's Garden.
Your splendid descriptions of decomposition and the functioning of an oak tree have brought tears to my eyes, they are so beautifully written and easy to understand. The descriptions of the design process are so to the point that I confess I put down Mollison's Intro to Permaculture in favor of your book.

Even though I have had little experience and training in Permaculture so far (I'm just scheduled for my 72 hour course later this month) I am in the middle of launching a permaculture demo site in Israel, in the Judean Mountains where the growing season has absolutely no rainfall. I am going ahead with this because the people there desperately need more sustainability--the war has had a terrible impact on their economy.

I am very interested in recruiting the help of Joel Glanzberg, who I see by your book started out with a desert site very similar to the one I will be facing. Rocks. alkaline soil. scorpions, etc. etc.
Also, judging by his name, I think Joel must be Jewish. We need a Jewish permaculturist because it is a very Jewish project that also aims to incorporate a Biblical garden of indigenous fruit trees.

I tried looking up Joel on the Internet to no avail. Can you please tell me how to contact him?

Thank you very much, and may you and your work continue to bring blessings of abundance to humans and the earth.

Betsy Benjaminson
(still, for the moment, in New York)

  • [permaculture] How to contact Joel Glanzberg, BT Benjaminson, 05/12/2002