permaculture - [permaculture] Large-scale wormeries

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ute Bohnsack <sustag@eircom.net>
  • To: Permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, PermacultureforumUK <Permacultureforum@listbot.com>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Large-scale wormeries
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 21:05:54 +0100

Apologies for cross-posting.

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody had information on large-scale wormeries,
e.g. for a restaurant or similar.
In the situation I am looking at the prime purpose would be waste
disposal (or rather reduction/conversion), compost and worms would be
regarded as a by-product.

A particular question that arises in a restaurant situation is the
separation of cooked food, if indeed that is necessary (my understanding
is that cooked food should not go into a wormery, but I stand to be
corrected).

Any hints, experiences, web links, paper titles etc. appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Slán,
Ute

--
Slán,
Ute

Break the mould - commit random acts of kindness.

Dipl.-Ing. TU Landschafts- und Freiraumplanung
Ute Bohnsack
Sailchearnach, Clogher, Kilfenora, Co. Clare, Ireland
mailto:sustag@eircom.net
Agri-Environmental Consultancy and Translation Services
(English-German-English)
http://homepage.eircom.net/~merlyn/index.html
~~~~~~~~~
Seedsavers Resources http://homepage.eircom.net/~merlyn/seedsaving.html