permaculture - Re: [permaculture] RE: Imitating fire + tree shredding equipmennt

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <hemenway@jeffnet.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] RE: Imitating fire + tree shredding equipmennt
  • Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 10:06:44 -0700

Marshall: Once again you misunderstand me completely. I did not say that
humans created the first fire-adapted communities; of course they existed
long before humans began using fire. Humans were responsible for greatly
increasing their extent. This is well-documented. See books by Steven Pyne,
or the papers I cited in earlier posts. Australia and the major valleys of
the American West are living laboratories that attest to this.

Toby