permaculture - Re: [permaculture] test post - tiny graphics file attached

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] test post - tiny graphics file attached
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:29:17 -0400

Loren and All,
Please forgive my unsavvy listserve etiquette. I did not realize
attachments are unsendable to our listserve.... the documents I
wished to send to Steve are too long to include in text form, as
someone requested- j

You sent the original in word processor format. If you had converted it
to plain text
it would have been much smaller in size and not too big for this list. I
have set the message size
limit high to accomodate input of this type since the list exists for
exchange of news,
information and a variety of resources, not just quick ten to fifty
liner posts. Unless there is a
way to make necessary changes the list archives are not able to display
_anything_ but plain ascii text;
binary files of _any_ type cannot be displayed. I just attached a 6kb
pix which could not be displayed
in the list archives.

1) If I create a separate list for large attaches, viewable
primarily/only in its archives, submissions will
need to be plain text only or this resource will be wasted. Maybe I can
have it changed so binaroes can be viewed or downloaded (wp & exe
files),
don't know but will look into it.
2) I can create an area in my website, main and pc pages, for any/all
files list subscribers want distributed.
I'll have an email ID at ibiblio set up to send these files to. Maybe
this is the easiest way and
will result in a spam-free archive as I can filter material based on
verification of original sender.
The more I think about this option the more I like it.
(UTE: you could use this too, would releive you of having to receive
large file attaches in your own private email,
you can have them sent directly to you id at ibiblio.)

PS. I didn't resend the material, if anyone would like a copy please
contact me directly.

Couldn't you convert the documents to tect and resend them?

LL

--

L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org